The 10 best things to do In a Caribbean Port.
A cruise to the Caribbean gives you the chance to partake in many fun and diverse shore excursions. Whether you want something action-packed or laidback, you can find your ideal activities ashore. Consider these:
- Ziplining – While in port in St. Martin/St. Maarten, visit Loterie Farm at Pic Paradis, where you’ll find not only ziplining but also an obstacle course high up above the trees.
- Rainforest Hike – Lush & green St. Lucia is a prime Caribbean port for this activity. See the island’s exotic flora and fauna, and learn about the rainforest’s history and ecology — and its effects on the island — from your tour guide.
- City Tours – A city tour through San Juan, Puerto Rico is ideal due to the many historic places located right in the city center.
- Shopping – In St. Thomas, an island especially known for its duty-free shopping, partake in an excursion that takes you to some of the best shopping spots on the island.
- Snorkeling – The Antilla Shipwreck in Aruba is a favorite spot, as it’s shallow enough for snorkelers (not just scuba divers) to get a good look at the wreck.
- Waterfalls & Swimming Holes – In Jamaica, visit Dunn’s River Falls and swim in the water at its base. In Aruba, visit the Natural Pool, which is formed in the middle of large rocks in a scenic location by the island’s coastline.
- Play With Animal/Sea Life – If you’re an animal lover, the Caribbean is going to make love them even more, with the opportunity to see dolphins, monkeys, lizards and ride horses along the beach. At Stingray City in Grand Cayman, you can swim with hundreds of stingrays, who make their home in the bay and are used to human touch.
- White Water Rafting – A popular place to do this is in Jamaica, down the Rio Bueno River, which takes you through fast rapids and tropical scenery.
- Local Drinks – A distillery or brewery tour is a tasty way to get in touch with the local side of an island. In the Dominican Republic, try some sips of its famous rum while visiting a local distillery. While in San Juan, you can take a tour and sample many versions of rum from their famous Bacardi Rum Factory.
- Ancient Sites – Many Caribbean cruises make stops along the eastern coast of Mexico near Cancun. While there, visit the ruins of Tulum to see remnants of the way ancient Mayan civilizations lived.
Bargain Travel specializes in cruise packages to the Caribbean with all the major cruise lines. Please contact us at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a cruise quote request so we can plan and book your next exotic cruise vacation!