Party Time: Best Caribbean Spring Break Islands
While the history of Spring Break dates back at least to the 1934 visit of the Colgate University swim team to Fort Lauderdale, it was the 1958 novel and 1960 film “Where The Boys Are” that enhanced it in American pop culture. For some college students, the tenuous coming-of-age angst of that movie has morphed into a week of no-holds-barred bacchanalia. These days, breakers know no boundaries, and popular Caribbean destinations including Nassau, Cancun, Puerto Rico and Jamaica compete for college students craving for a respite from snow and studies. A much milder experience awaits many families, who use the spring closure of K-12 schools to warm up and recharge in a tropical setting. Still other travelers seek only to relax in an isolated locale or to give back via volunteer activities. Here are options for all:
- Jamaica (Montego Bay & Negril)
- Nassau & Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Dominican Republic (Punta Cana)
- Turks & Caicos
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Lucia
Spring Break season 2014 is around the corner. Please call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a land vacation request quote so we can begin planning your next well-deserved Spring Break getaway!!
10 Cruise Ships To Sure Please kids
Cruise lines cater to more than 1.5 million kid vacationers a year. It’s no wonder cruise ships are such a draw for families — there’s lots of stuff for the younger set to do. While the kids are occupied in organized activities programs, adults get to enjoy some downtime. When the whole family is ready for some togetherness, waterslides and other fun play areas provide places for creating memories. These 10 cruise ships have the most kid appeal.
- Oasis Of The Seas (Royal Caribbean Cruise Line)
- Allure Of The Seas (Royal Caribbean Cruise Line)
- Norwegian Breakaway (Norwegian Cruise Line)
- Norwegian Getaway (Norwegian Cruise Line)
- Disney Dream (Disney Cruise Line)
- Disney Fantasy (Disney Cruise Line)
- MSC Divina (MSC Cruises)
- Carnival Breeze (Carnival Cruise Line)
- Carnival Sunshine (Carnival Cruise Line)
- Royal Princess (Princess Cruises)
Let us make this cruise getaway a reality!! Please call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a cruise vacation quote request so we can begin planning your next memorable family cruise vacation!!
10 Places To Go While They’re Still Cheap
Do your travel ambitions eclipse your bank account? We’ve got just the fix: destinations around the world that offer plenty of cheap ways to stay, play and eat. Whether you’re looking for a perfect beach or a city bursting with culture, these cities and countries deliver big but cost little. Not all of them will stay cheap in the years to come, though, so if you’re inspired to go, do it soon.
- The Philippines
- Dominican Republic
- Mexico City
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Bucharest, Romania
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Riga, Latvia
To book your next vacation to any of these ten great destinations (or any other world destination), please call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us an air/land vacation request form so we can begin planning you next unforgettable getaway!!
The Six Best Caribbean Resorts for Families
The Caribbean has some of the best sands and the friendliest family resorts. At these six diverse properties, you and your children can encounter dolphins, ride horses in the surf, snorkel through schools of tropical fish, learn sailing or simply sit and chat.
- Atlantis Paradise Island (The Bahamas)
- Club Med Punta Cana (Dominican Republic)
- Half Moon Resort (Montego Bay, Jamaica)
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort (Just South of Cancun, Mexico)
- Coconut Bay Resort (Saint Lucia)
- Beaches Providenciales Resort (Provo, Turks & Caicos)
With this harsh winter 2014 season in full swing, let us plan your next family vacation to one of these six wonderful destinations. Please call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us an air/land vacation request form so we can make this next family getaway a memorable reality.
10 Questions to ask your Cruise Travel Agent
For first-time cruisers and experienced cruise passengers too, travel agents can be an invaluable resource. They can help you get through the nuances and intricacies of planning your cruise vacation and even save you money during special sales/promotional events as well as other times during the year too. However, you need to know what you want before starting a conversation. Here are the 10 key questions to ask your cruise travel agent when planning a cruise:
- Do you have any experience in cruising? (You want to work with an agent that has first-hand experience with being on a cruise and familiarity with all the major cruise lines)
- Are there any special offers that apply to me? (Cruise lines target offers – such as senior discounts, residential discounts and military personnel discounts)
- Can I save by tweaking my travel dates? (You may have specific cruise dates in mind, however, if you are flexible, your agent might save you a bundle by booking you a week earlier or later. High season usually occurs Memorial Day through Labor Day, Passover/Easter week & Christmas/New Year’s break)
- Where will my cabin be located? (Not every cabin in the same category is created equally. One may bring the benefit of a larger than normal balcony, another may be located in a particularly noisy area of the ship. Choosing a specific cabin may or may not be the best way to go. Your agent will guide you in this realm)
- Can you do anything for me? (Travel agents may be able to sweeten the pot with incentives such as onboard spending credits, a bottle of champagne upon arrival in your cabin or a dinner at one of the ships’ restaurants. It doesn’t hurt to ask.)
- Have you cruised to this destination? (Your travel agent should be able to offer some advice on what to see and do at any destination port)
- What are the dining options onboard? (On many ships, you need to decide upfront whether to do early or late seating at assigned tables or an open-seating option. You may also want to make reservations at one of the ship’s popular specialty restaurants one evening. This is another area where your cruise travel agent can be a helpful guide)
- Should I buy travel insurance? (You are investing money when you book your cruise. Make sure you understand what is covered and what’s not. Also make sure you understand how the cruise payment plan works — with a deposit upfront. A travel agent can take you through what happens if you need to cancel, including the difference between cruise line and third-party insurance policies)
- What happens if the price of the cruise drops? (Some cruise fares have non-refundable deposits, but most do not. A good travel agent will help you watch for price changes and help you grab a lower fare if one becomes available — within the change period allowed)
- Will I be able to reach you if I run into a problem? (The big difference between a do-it-yourself approach and working with an agent is customer service. you want someone who will know your needs and be there when you need them)
Bargain Travel prides itself on customer service and serving its clients. When you are ready to book your next cruise vacation, please give us a call at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a cruise quote request form and allow our experienced staff to take care of all your travel needs.
Five Best Places to Dive & Snorkel in the Caribbean
Choosing the Caribbean’s five best dive/snorkel destinations is like picking the best five places to live in America. Everyone wants something different. At least divers and snorkelers usually want the same essentials: easy entry, clear water, healthy corals and lots of marine life. Four of these sites possess these in abundance while Bimini’s distinctive wild dolphin swimming focuses on animal encounters. Below, are the five best Caribbean dive/snorkel destinations:
- Bonaire – Bari Reef
- Little Cayman – Bloody Bay
- British Virgin Islands – Wreck of the RMS Rhone
- Bimini – The Bahamas
- Saint Thomas, USVI – Cow & Half Rocks
To plan your next Caribbean dive & snorkel vacation, please contact Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a land request quote so we can make this memorable vacation a reality!!
Ten of the World’s most Adventurous Cruises
Adventure & Expedition cruising is a travel niche that is growing each and every day. These floating adventures take the form of anything from five-star Champagne explorations to ambling along in a tramp steamer. Here are ten of the world’s best Adventure & Expedition cruises:
- Island Safari, Hawaii (USA) – Extreme Rating: 6/10
- Across the Northwest Passage (North America) – Extreme Rating: 6/10
- Through Ancient Kimberley (Australia) – Extreme Rating: 7/10
- Pacaya Samiria National Reserve (The Amazon) – Extreme Rating: 7/10
- Jungle Book Tour (India) – Extreme Rating: 7/10
- Into Wild West Africa – Extreme Rating: 8/10
- Following Scott, Amundsen et al (Antarctica) – Extreme Rating: 8.5/10
- Island Hopping in the Pacific Ocean – Extreme Rating: 8.5/10
- Ice-Breaking to the North Pole – Extreme Rating: 9.5/10
- Down to the Titanic Wreck (Atlantic Ocean) – Extreme Rating: 10/10
If Adventure & Expedition cruising is something that peaks your interest, please contact Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a cruise request quote so we can plan this adventure of a lifetime!!
Five Perfect Winter Honeymoon Destinations
Planning a winter wedding this year?
Here are five perfect destinations for that winter honeymoon.
- Saint Kitts & Nevis (Caribbean)
- Turks & Caicos Islands (Caribbean)
Please call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a land request quote so we can plan that perfect winter honeymoon vacation today!!
10 of the World’s Most Beautiful Ice Skating Rinks
With the 2014 winter season in full swing, what else could be better than putting on some ice skates and visiting one of these beautiful international rinks:
- Baniff Lake Louise (Baniff, Canada)
- Bondi Winter Festival Ice Rink (Sydney, Australia) [Late June – Mid July]
- Eiffel Tower Ice Rink (Paris, France)
- Evergreen Lake (Evergreen, Colorado)
- Red Square Rink (Moscow, Russia)
- Rideau Canal Skateway (Ottawa, Canada)
- The Rink At Rockefeller Center (New York City)
- Shichahai Lake (Beijing, China)
- Somerset House (London, England)
- Vienna Ice Dream (Vienna, Austria)
For more information about any of these special destinations, please contact Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a land request quote so that we can make this memorable vacation come true!!
10 Places To See Before They’re Gone
Places, much like animals can become endangered, and some of the world’s most amazing sights are gradually disappearing. Scientists say climate change has been affecting oceans, reefs, beaches and even cities. Development is another danger for once-pristene, off-the-beaten-path spots and their cultures. Here are 10 places on the brink of forever changing, and some threatening to disappear altogether:
- Easter Island, Chile
- Machu Picchu & Choquequirao, Peru
- Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Culebra & Vieques, Puerto Rico
- Dead Sea, Israel & Jordan
- Taj Mahal, India
- Venice, Italy
For a memorable vacation to any of these historic destinations, please contact Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a land request quote and allow us to plan what will be truly a getaway to remember.