10 Reasons Travelers Still Need a Travel Agent
In the age of technology, booking trips online is an easy choice for travelers. and yet the business of travel agents in the United States soared last year (ASTA reported) that more of half of all agents saw an increase in clients, transactions, and revenue in 2014 over 2013, and their profits are expected to grow 12% in 2015.
Here are 10 reasons that help explain why that is, from a customer’s perspective.
1) Accountability – A travel agent’s job is on the line with every trip. They are a real person clients can speak with to work things out.
2) Knowledge – Travel agents have been doing the job for years and know all the ins and outs.
3) More For Your Money – When booking an expensive trip, a travel agent can ensure that your dollars go a long way.
4) Setting An Itinerary – A travel agent can give a clear-cut schedule & keep records of what will be happening on a day-to-day basis.
5) Budgeting – A travel agent can help map out exactly how much a trip will cost, so there are no surprises.
6) Insurance – Things happen. A travel agent can offer insurance in a number of ways, from guaranteeing that your hotel is safe and the company and the company running the tour excursion won’t rob you, to actually advising on which insurance policies you need, from trip cancellation to medical emergencies. They also insure that you have the correct travel documents, so you don’t end up missing your plane or cruise. And when things do go wrong, travel agents have the resources and the contacts to get you to the head of the line.
7) Resources – At the touch of a travel agents’ fingertips, they have resources a traveler simply does not. Yes, we have the internet, but there is so much still left unknown, especially in places that are undiscovered.
8) Exclusivity – A travel agent knows the new destinations and the new places in them – and often they can get you in. Through their partners, they also often get freebies for their customers ranging from a free drink to an exclusive admission to a hot event.
9) Time Savings – A travel agent will spend time getting to know you and what you’re looking for, and then put together an entire vacation customized for you.
10) Leverage – Travel agents spend years developing long-term relationships and travel companies understand how important their repeat business is. Travel agents have leverage with most hotel companies, resorts and cruise lines, and they are more likely to get what they want than a single consumer.
In short, if you have never visited a travel agent, you are missing out on a chance to save time, hassles and aggravation – and often, money as well.
Please contact Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 and allow our 40+ years of experience guide you to your next hassle-free and relaxing vacation!! You can also submit a land vacation request or a cruise vacation request and we will respond immediately with information on your next getaway!!