11 Things To Do On Board The New Norwegian Getaway
The new 4000 passenger Norwegian Getaway debuted in Miami earlier this year, the biggest ship to ever cruise year-round from the city. Onboard the Miami-centric ship, cruise passengers will find an action-packed environment that aims to bring the excitement of the Magic City to sea. Here are 11 favorite activities to do onboard the Norwegian Getaway.
- Watching “It’s Magic“: The one-of-a-kind Illusionarium dinner show.
- Sipping Mojitos: Head to the Sugarcane Mojito Bar to taste six varieties of mojitos.
- Whirling Down Slides: Try one of the five colorful waterslides above Deck 16 at Getaway’s Aqua Park.
- Walking The Plank: Put on a harness and fulfill your pirate fantasies! Step onto a plank the protrudes 8 feet off the ship, with nothing but sea 180 feet below!
- Playing Mini Golf: A round of mini golf on the ship’s 9-hole, pirate-themed course is a nice diversion, especially for families.
- Hanging With SpongeBob: As part of Norwegian’s deal with Nickelodeon TV, characters including SpongeBob appear in a bunch of places shipboard, including the décor at the Kids’ Aqua Park and Splash Academy playrooms.
- Eating Cuban: Fulfill your appetite with classic dishes like black beans and rice, pulled pork, fried yucca and empanadas at the open-air Flamingo Bar & Grill.
- Participating in a Game Show: Crowds gather in the three-deck atrium — with its giant video screen — to play “Deal Or No Deal”, compete in trivia contests and hear what comes out of the mouths of fellow passengers during “The Perfect Couple Game Show”.
- Going Dancing: Dancing the night away onboard the Getaway doesn’t mean just busting a move in the disco. Theme nights include an 80’s party, complete with fireworks, at the outdoor club Spice H2O. In the Tropicana Room, a dramatic dining space designed to look like a 1940’s supper club, you can dance to tunes by an excellent Latin trio.
- Listening To Music: The GRAMMY Experience is a new club featuring Grammy award-winning musicians. The décor includes cases filled with funky Grammy memorabilia such as bright yellow Jackson Five jumpsuits, circa 1977.
- Seeing A Show: Head to the theater for the cutesy “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and a sizzling Latin version of the Broadway dance show “Burn The Floor”. For laughs, catch a performance by topflight comics. Or sample “Wine Lovers the Musical”, where lunch and a wine tasting get the comedic treatment.
Make your next cruise vacation aboard the Norwegian Getaway a reality. Call Bargain Travel at 1-800-820-4567 or send us a cruise vacation quote request and let us plan your next “Getaway” on board this incredible new ship!